Every stage of the supply chain has been reshaped by digital commerce. Customers nowadays expect a seamless omnichannel shopping experience with a variety of quick delivery options.
Many businesses, however, struggle to modernize their operations in order to maintain their growth. In fact, nearly 61% of businesses expect digital channels to account for more than half of their sales in the coming years, according to a recent study.
Therefore, Microsoft is releasing a new Dynamics 365 application that will help to accelerate omnichannel transformation across order and fulfillment. Intelligent Order Management D365 adapts quickly to future order and fulfillment complexities while supporting modern methods such as purchasing online for in-store or curbside pickup.
What is Intelligent Order Management?
Through a single point of order orchestration, Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management assists organizations in coordinating, standardizing, and optimizing orders captured across multiple channels and systems. Standardization and optimization, along with intelligence, will enhance delivery time while lowering costs, resulting in higher customer satisfaction and a higher profit margin for the company.
The Intelligent Order Management system includes key application areas such as order capture, a rule-based validation engine, intelligent order orchestration, and integration with DOM-enabled fulfillment.
- Order flows to support the sell-core side’s revenue generators, such as order fulfillment and order return flows.
- To orchestrate a touchless order system through data flows to intake and transform a document to a Microsoft Dataverse order, architecture for taking orders from any e-commerce or electronic order system.
- The customer operations team can comprehend the progress of an order in real-time thanks to a status monitoring and event-based system.
- Low-code/no-code order flow design is provided via an orchestration engine built on Power Automate.
- Intelligence is achieved through orchestration flexibility and the use of AI models to make fulfillment decisions.
- Connector and extension capabilities to connect to any system the customer needs.
- Connectors for accounting or business applications, inventory, DOM, fulfillment, delivery providers, tax, denied-party screening, address validation, price, freight rating, payment integration, and more are available through a robust partner ecosystem.
- The inventory service was integrated to give real-time inventory visibility for order orchestration.
- The Commerce DOM service is integrated. The single point of fulfillment determination will be DOM, integrated into the order of orchestration flows.
- Intake orders into Dataverse using the Commerce headless commerce component (order capture). Using Intelligent Order Management, order orchestration links to headless commerce to trigger fulfillment.
Breville plans to optimize order fulfillment with Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management
You might be familiar with Breville, a company that provides kitchen appliances such as blenders, espresso machines, toasters, and many more. The major challenge even for this world-class organization was to be able to meet the ends of their customers, especially during the COVID-19. So, this is when the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Intelligent Order Management comes to the rescue. Below is the picture of the dashboard of the system. If you give it a closer look, you will see the order with different statuses. They can track their orders from multiple channels, as you can see on the right side of the dashboard.
The picture below explains that the system is connecting and reducing the overall cost, increasing efficiency, and helping businesses grow better.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 order management can work like a distributed order management to help you track your orders and manage the statuses of all the orders simply through one channel. Ultimately, the efficiency on the part of your system will help you in offering better customer service. So, get in touch with the team of our experts, and let’s discuss your needs for Microsoft dynamics 365 solution.